I am a Registered Investment Adviser Representative of Financial Plan Guy and have passed the Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Exam which covers the following competencies:
- Economic Principles
- Analytical Methods
- Investment Risk Management
- Equity/Stock Securities – Characteristics and Valuation
- Fixed Income/Bond Securities – Characteristics and Valuation
- Pooled Investment Funds – Mutual Funds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s), & Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s)
- Insurance Based Products – Annuities and Life Insurance
- Alternative Investments – Real Estate and Commodities (gold and oil)
- Business Structures – Limited Partnerships (LP’s), Sole Proprietors, Limited Liability Company (LLC), S Corporation, and C Corporation
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Estate Planning
- Tax Planning
- Trading Securities
- Performance Measures
- Retirement Plans – Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Roth 401k, Simplified Employee Pension (SEP), Keogh Plans, 403b Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- College Funding – Section 529 Plan and Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
- Accounting Fundamentals
More importantly, my license REQUIRES that I act under the fiduciary standard with all of my clients. This means I am obligated to put my clients needs first with all of my recommendations being in their best interest versus the suitability standard which means recommendations are only required to be “good enough”. There is a BIG difference in advice and investments that are in your best interest versus good enough.
Additionally, I am a truly fee-only advisor. I do not receive commissions from any investment products, my license does NOT allow it. I sell absolutely no financial products. Lastly, I DO NOT hold or manage any client money. This allows me to eliminate a number of conflicts of interest and am free to give unbiased advice as a truly independent advisor. This provides me a significant incentive to ensure my clients are meeting or exceeding their financial goals.
I also have significant experience from many years as a small business owner and have made numerous real estate transactions for those clients that would like services in business consulting and help with their real estate portfolio. I was able to accumulate a 7-figure net worth at 40 years old by simply saving and investing and I want to help others do the same. I can tell you from experience that becoming a millionaire is simple, but it is not easy.
Fortunately, in my financial journey I have made some very good investments and worked with some very good financial professionals, so I know what they look like. Unfortunately, I have made some poor investments and worked with some bad financial professionals, so I know what they look like as well. This was one of the reasons I became a financial advisor. I love what I do and am passionate about helping people. I don’t care if you are deeply in debt and living paycheck to paycheck or a multi-millionaire, EVERYONE can be more financially efficient in their life and a comprehensive financial plan is the most effective way to make it happen.
The best time to make a Financial Plan is now
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.Walt Disney
It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.J. K. Rowling
Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.Dale Carnegie